Julie's Running Journey!

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Facebook break

So I have decided to take a facebook break! I have been feeling convicted for a while about the time that I spend on it.  I don't know how long this break will be, I just know that I needed it.  I also took the PS3 away from the kids.  I usually only let them play it about an hour a day.  But since my 3 year asks me about every five minutes if he can play it I know that he was addicted and also like me needed a break.  He is way too young to be playing it at all anyways! So instead during that time we will focus on reading, playing outside together, playing UNO or just being together without any of these other distractions!

I do believe there is a deeper reason for taking this break, I really want to stop hiding behind this computer screen and truly spend time with people face to face.  I am naturally a quieter person than most so it is easier for me to hide behind my quiet nature instead of putting myself out there and be real and open with others, instead of living in fear of rejection! It is also easy to hide behind it when we live the military life, which includes moving every few years and having to start all over with new friends, new church family.  I hate goodbyes and I hate change, so instead of closing myself off to others I want to give my all, serving others, loving others and be an encouragement whenever I can with the time I have left before we have to move again! I'm so thankful for the people the Lord has put into my life, I don't deserve any of them! I desire to be a faithful, encouraging  and loving friend and I desire this with all my heart!

1 comment:

  1. I just love how you have such a deep desire to let the LORD use you!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete