Julie's Running Journey!

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Giving it all for HIM!

This is our sponsored child from Compassion International.  He is from Brazil.  His name is Henrique.  Lately the Lord has put in my heart and in my path the tremendous need for orphans, for the poor and needy! It breaks my heart every time I read a post or a blog about the orphans (there are over 149 million of them) I want to do so many BIG things to help! But today I was reminded of the two sponsored children we help.  Most of the time all I see them as is a bill we pay each month that goes to Compassion or towards World Vision.  Today I was challenged by Ann Voskamp, she said, "I’m wildly angry that I want to forget the struggle of the poor so I can pin the next pretty idea on Pinterest."
I could say the same after reading this post.  I am angry at myself for caring more about my comfort, of having a nice home, going out to eat more often than I care to admit, having healthy kids and just taking for granted all the blessings I have! I need to do more.  I need to care more! I want my heart to break at the things that break the heart of God! So I was challenged today to do what I can now, do the small things.  Write to my sponsored children more often.  Talk about them with my kids more, pray for them more!
How am I loving? Am I loving God and loving others with all that I am and giving God all the glory for it? Am I stepping out of my comfort zone and giving all, am I willing to suffer for the cause of Christ? Just some things that have been in my heart lately...JESUS He is worth it ALL!

1 comment: