Julie's Running Journey!

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Blogging

I keep forgetting to journal my runs on here! I must admit, I am a terrible blogger. I can keep up with facebook but that's about it! I'm up to 17 miles right now.  I run 18 this weekend.  I've been concerned about my heel a lot lately.  It's been hurting so much, especially the more miles I do, and to add to it my Achilles is hurting again! I did get new shoes today (Brooks Ghost) I've heard good things about them.  I also got Orthotic inserts to help with the heel pain.  The girl at Track Shack was very helpful and said it was Plantar Fascitis.  I am going to try her hints of using a golf ball rolled on my heel.  It sounds painful, but I will do anything.  I really just want to finish this marathon.  My goal is to get under 4:30, but I know that anything could happen during a race that long.  So I am trying to focus on finishing no matter what the time! I got to run on my high schools new track over the holiday's.  It brought back a lot of memories.  Hard to believe I graduated 17 years ago...I am old, and I feel it but I'm trying to fight it!;) I wish I could run pain free right now, but it probably won't happen till after the marathon when I can fully rest it.  I've been running the three day a week schedule with spinning or body pump 1-2 times per week.  I sure am thankful for Helena endurance running group, and especially for my sweet friend Kasey who lets me run with her even though I'm slower.  I so enjoy running with her! So anyways, that's what's going on in my running world!;) Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Did she mention freezing the golf ball? I read on someone's blog that it really helps a lot too.

    ReplyDelete