Julie's Running Journey!

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Joys of Christmas!

In my old blog I had started 100 joys before Christmas.  I was up to 10, so I am going to start again and just get in as many as I can before Christmas! I got this idea from a friend and I really like it.

1. Yesterday we had a homeschool thing with our group from church where we made crafts and Christmas cards, and then we brought them to a local nursing home.  When we got there we sang Christmas carols while the residents ate their lunch.  While we sang, Kimmy who has been diagnosed borderline autistic and ADHD, went up to each older person and gave them each a big kiss and hug.  I knew she would love going there and as I watched her I was in awe of God loving those older people through my sweet daughter! Most older folks love kids so to see their eyes light up when they got a hug from Kimmy was one of the sweetest things I have seen! I could barely sing the carols from choking up, and trying to hold back the tears! She is so special and we are so blessed to have her in our family!

2. Is thankful to be doing advent with our kids again this year.  I love to see how they can't wait for their turn to light the candles!

3. The other day Caleb asked me if I knew what his favorite part about Christmas was, thinking he would say presents.  It made me so happy and thankful when he said, "my favorite part about Christmas is baby Jesus being born."

4. I feel so blessed to be a part of our churches choir this year and sing in the Christmas musical, even though I don't sing very well it is just fun to be a part of and sing praises to Jesus, and hear the amazing talented singers and see their love for Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment